Caldru Construction Limited are professional groundwork contractors based in Knowsley delivering services across Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and the North West.
We specialise in the following areas: Site Clearance, muck shifting, drainage, sub structures and foundations, complex concrete structures and frames, steel fixing, RC frames, basements, concrete walls and slabs, diamond drilling, brickworks to dpc and oversite areas, beam and block floors, attenuation tanks, external works and retaining walls.
We also have vast experience in other areas such as Landscaping i.e., top soil & turfing, kerbs, driveways, block paving, patios & paths, natural stone paving, walling, brick and block work.
We fulfil groundwork and landscaping projects of any size from start to finish.
We have a fully qualified workforce consisting of a team of 2 Company Directors. The company workforce is currently made up of highly skilled Shuttering Joiners, Steel Fixers, Concreters, Machine Drivers, Dumper Drivers, telehandlers and qualified banksmen that hold CSCS cards and are trained and competent in other areas such as Street Works, Construction Plant Trained Operators, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, Confined Space and Working at Height, IOSH, SMSTS and SSSTS.
We carry out Risk Assessments for all our activities and from these produce a detailed Method Statement for every operation we do.
Our combination of training, expertise and experience means that our customers can rest assured they are getting a first-class service on site. The Managing Director with over 20 years-experience within the construction trade has overall and final responsibility for Health and Safety as well as day to day responsibility to ensure that the policy is put into practice. We also have an external Health & Safety Adviser who offers competent H&S advice and guidance.
An example of works completed by Caldru Construction as the main Groundworks Contractor are:
- Hardman House Liverpool – Development of an Education Building for John Moore’s University which includes new 358 bed student accommodation.
- Copperas Hill, Liverpool City Centre – Development of a 9 storey x 107 bed student accommodation in the heart of Liverpool City Centre.
- Lancaster Square, Volunteer Street, Chester – comprising of a luxury 8 storey apartment in the heart of Chester City Centre.
- Village Mews, Caldy Road, West Kirby – 6 New 3 bedroom semi detached houses. Work includes demolition of existing site, groundworks and landscaping.
- The Strand – Albert Dock Liverpool City Centre.
- St Gabriel’s School Leigh – Drainage Installation and slabs.
- Hope Street Hotel – Extension to Hotel.
- Vine Street Liverpool City Centre – 96 apartments plus landscaping of surrounding area.
- Myrtle Parade Liverpool City Centre – 96 apartments plus landscaping.
- New Brunswick Village Liverpool City Centre – 5 plot development with 86 apartments on each plot all landscaping and road works.
- 5 Years working on Liverpool City Council roadworks and drainage.
We also have 3 machine plants 1 x 13 tonne excavator, 1 x 5 tonne excavator and 1 x 3 tonne excavator to use or available to hire.